AASUA Policies & Procedures (under revision)
“Pursuant to the Council motion (21 April 2016), all Association Policies and Procedures and Terms of Reference for any of the Association’s committees that do not comply with the newly ratified bylaws (19 April 2016) or the Policies and Procedures for the 2016 Elections (21 April 2016) are deemed null and void and shall be removed in due course. If there are any questions, please contact Brygeda Renke, Executive Director.”
184.108.40.206 Governance Committee
(a) The Governance Committee is a standing committee of AASUA Council, composed of the Vice President as Chair, the President (ex officio), the Past President, and three members of Council who are selected by the Chair and approved by Council for one-year terms. The Executive Director and Parliamentarian are ex officio non-voting members.
(b) The Governance Committee has the following statutory responsibilities:
- Periodic review of the Bylaws.
- Annual review of Policies & Procedures.
- Triennial review of the minimum number of members-at-large of Council.
- Triennial review of the number of representatives for each constituency group on Council.
- Oversight of the application of Robert’s Rules of Order in Council.